FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5990 Discussions

Clock Video Output is not working in Cyclone III FPGA

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My Design consists of a clocked video output set to a resolution of 1024x768 @60Hz 65 MHz pixel clock. The data input is from the test pattern generator ip from the VIP block. 

When i build the qsys and complile my design and download the sof, it (Quartus) successfully dowloads the sof into the fpga. I had connected a HSMC-GPIO daughter board to observe the signals HS,VS,DE etc on the Oscilloscope, but none of the signals were observed in the scope. 

I doubt my design is correct, but am not able to troubleshoot it successfully yet, I have included my entire project file with qsys file and the top level, kindly let me know what I might have done wrong, it would be of great help. 

Thanks, Much appreciated for your replies. 

Sriram.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Learn how to simulate your design.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Check frame size you need. I see frame size generating from TPG is 1024x768, but CVO configured as 1920x1080