FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5954 Discussions

Completer Abort or Unsupported Request via BFM

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I was checking a design using the Stratix IV PCI Express Hard IP using the generated BFM. Now I wanted the BFM to respond to a read from the Hard IP with a failure, like a Completer Abort or Unsupported Request. I tried giving it several random addresses to do the read but always get a valid read of all zeroes, but none of those are bad packets. Does anyone know how get the BFM to generate a failed response? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you using the Hard IP as an endpoint or root complex? The Altera BFM is pretty limited -- pretty much just proves out the basics. If you need to do more complex verification, you need a 3rd party tool. There are a few out there that are inexpensive and/or have free versions. My favorite is DrivExpress, which should support what you're asking about, assuming you're using the Hard IP as an endpoint.