FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5890 Discussions

Cyclone V GT, Custom PHY IP Core

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am using a Cyclone V GT FPGA and and HSMC SFP card trying to implement a loopback test, through fiber optics. Since now, it is successfully implemented according to a tutorial I found based on a Qsys system. The system uses the Custom PHY IP Core, and a data pattern generator/checker without 8b/10b encoding/decoding. I have tried to remove the pattern generator and checker and disable the Avalon interface of Custom PHY, because I want to send my own frame through Tx side and observe it from Rx side. Additionally, 8b/10b encoding has to be used, but I cant figure out the customization of options(parameters) about that and the setup of alignment. Should there be a part, where I am supposed to describe my sent data format(like: data, data, control), for alignment sake? Is there any way to do that, cause right now by exporting the parallel data input and output and by using SignalTap, I can only observe a non-deterministic shifting(or drifting) of output data compared to input data, which is probably synchronization issue. 

Thanks 

Bill 

:confused::confused::confused:
0 Kudos
0 Replies