FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5881 Discussions

Cyclone V GX implementation with 3 PCIe interfaces

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm trying to figure out how hard it is to have 3 PCIe x1 interfaces on one of the bigger Cyclone V GX FPGAs (9-12 XVCRs). 

The FPGA have two HIP PCIe modules, so far so good. But then when adding a 3rd interface with a Soft core from any 3rd party I ran into problem since these are often delivered with a Intel PIPE interface and no PHY. 

This means I've got to write my own PHY using the transceivers and a PIPE block. I've no prior experience in the PCIe and use of FPGA transceivers.  

Anyone out there that knows if this is a big effort to get in place?  

There is a PIPE IP in the mega wizard but only with Stratix V and Arria V support. Why is there no support for Cyclone V? 

I've been trying to find an application note or similar on how to integrate a Soft PCIe with the transceivers in Cyclone V. Are we the first with this requirement on a Cyclone V FPGA?  

thanks
0 Kudos
0 Replies