FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

DDR3 OCT error pleaaase help

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please I have a ddr3 uniphy and when I analys I have this error pleaaase help me. I am using quartus 10.1 and a stratix iv 

Error: Termination logic block atom "ddr3_x16:the_ddr3_x16|ddr3_x16_controller_phy:controller_phy_inst|ddr3_x16_memphy_top:memphy_top_inst|ddr3_x16_oct_control:uoct_control|sd2a_0" uses SERIESTERMINATIONCONTROL port, which must be connected to SERIESTERMINATIONCONTROL port on an output buffer atom 

Error: Termination logic block atom "ddr3_x16:the_ddr3_x16|ddr3_x16_controller_phy:controller_phy_inst|ddr3_x16_memphy_top:memphy_top_inst|ddr3_x16_oct_control:uoct_control|sd2a_0" uses PARALLELTERMINATIONCONTROL port, which must be connected to PARALLELTERMINATIONCONTROL port on an output buffer atom
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What setting do you have OCT set to on the first tab of the IP's GUI? Master or slave? 

Have you connected the oct_rup and oct _rdn ports to correct device pins?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I set master OCT, and for oct_rup and oct_rdn ports are connected from ddr3 to the top of my project, I think they are connected well.  

but I still have the same error :( 

thank you for your replay
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

pleaaaaaaaaaaase if someone can help me :( :(

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You need to source the <variation_name>_pin_assignments.tcl script that will make the appropriate calibrated termination assignments to the IO. For instance: 

set_instance_assignment -name IO_STANDARD "SSTL-15 CLASS I" -to mem_dq[0] -tag __my_ddr3 

set_instance_assignment -name INPUT_TERMINATION "PARALLEL 50 OHM WITH CALIBRATION" -to mem_dq[0] -tag __my_ddr3 

set_instance_assignment -name OUTPUT_TERMINATION "SERIES 50 OHM WITH CALIBRATION" -to mem_dq[0] -tag __my_ddr3 

You have OCT block enabled but the IO are not set to use it. 

Good luck, 

-Chris
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

have you run the <>_pin_assignment.tcl script? This needs to be run after Analysis and Synthesis.  

No other manual assignments are required.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have please an example of <>_pin_assignment.tcl script ? 

Thank you
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you that was the broblem I run my pin_location and now it works fine. 

thak youuuuuuuuu :)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Thank you that was the broblem I run my pin_location and now it works fine. 

thak youuuuuuuuu :) 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi,can you show me the schematic about the rdn and rup connect? 

Now i use the stratix iv 820 device,and i use the ddr2 with uniphy.Now i found it can not calibration. 

I do not know why? 

can you help me? 

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos