FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

DDR3 OCT error pleaaase help

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please I have a ddr3 uniphy and when I analys I have this error pleaaase help me. I am using quartus 10.1 and a stratix iv 

Error: Termination logic block atom "ddr3_x16:the_ddr3_x16|ddr3_x16_controller_phy:controller_phy_inst|ddr3_x16_memphy_top:memphy_top_inst|ddr3_x16_oct_control:uoct_control|sd2a_0" uses SERIESTERMINATIONCONTROL port, which must be connected to SERIESTERMINATIONCONTROL port on an output buffer atom 

Error: Termination logic block atom "ddr3_x16:the_ddr3_x16|ddr3_x16_controller_phy:controller_phy_inst|ddr3_x16_memphy_top:memphy_top_inst|ddr3_x16_oct_control:uoct_control|sd2a_0" uses PARALLELTERMINATIONCONTROL port, which must be connected to PARALLELTERMINATIONCONTROL port on an output buffer atom
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What setting do you have OCT set to on the first tab of the IP's GUI? Master or slave? 

Have you connected the oct_rup and oct _rdn ports to correct device pins?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I set master OCT, and for oct_rup and oct_rdn ports are connected from ddr3 to the top of my project, I think they are connected well.  

but I still have the same error :( 

thank you for your replay
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

pleaaaaaaaaaaase if someone can help me :( :(

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You need to source the <variation_name>_pin_assignments.tcl script that will make the appropriate calibrated termination assignments to the IO. For instance: 

set_instance_assignment -name IO_STANDARD "SSTL-15 CLASS I" -to mem_dq[0] -tag __my_ddr3 

set_instance_assignment -name INPUT_TERMINATION "PARALLEL 50 OHM WITH CALIBRATION" -to mem_dq[0] -tag __my_ddr3 

set_instance_assignment -name OUTPUT_TERMINATION "SERIES 50 OHM WITH CALIBRATION" -to mem_dq[0] -tag __my_ddr3 

You have OCT block enabled but the IO are not set to use it. 

Good luck, 

-Chris
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

have you run the <>_pin_assignment.tcl script? This needs to be run after Analysis and Synthesis.  

No other manual assignments are required.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have please an example of <>_pin_assignment.tcl script ? 

Thank you
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you that was the broblem I run my pin_location and now it works fine. 

thak youuuuuuuuu :)
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Thank you that was the broblem I run my pin_location and now it works fine. 

thak youuuuuuuuu :) 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi,can you show me the schematic about the rdn and rup connect? 

Now i use the stratix iv 820 device,and i use the ddr2 with uniphy.Now i found it can not calibration. 

I do not know why? 

can you help me? 

Thanks a lot.