FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5982 Discussions

DSP Builder version 17.1, attribute "preserve_syn_only"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I just updated my quartus version from 16.1 to 17.1, including the DSP builder. In my DSP builder design I use a division block. If I compile the *.vhd files from the DSP builder in my Quartus project, I receive the following warning: 

Warning (10335): Unrecognized synthesis attribute "preserve_syn_only" at DSPbuilderFiles/completeSystem_wyssj_dut_prim.vhd(1391) 

(and some more of the same typ). The corresponding line in the vhd file is 

attribute preserve_syn_only of redist17_r_uid542_zCount_uid415_completeSystem_wyssj_dut_prim_dq2Mangle_getM_Divide2_x_q_17_sticky_ena_q : signal is true; 

In the old file (created with DSP builder 16.1), the corresponding line reads 

attribute preserve of redist4_r_uid542_zCount_uid415_completeSystem_wyssj_dut_prim_dq2Mangle_getM_Divide2_x_q_17_sticky_ena_q : signal is true;So the change from 16.1 to 17.1 is that the attribute changes from "preserve" to "preserve_syn_only" which however is not recognized by Quartus. Therefore I'd like to ask: 

1. Can I ignore this warning? 

2. If not, can I just manually change all the attributes "preserve_syn_only" to "preserve"? 

3. Why does DSP builder creates a file with instructions the quartus compiler does not recognize? The softwares are delivered in the same package and should be compatible! 

All the best 

Jonas
0 Kudos
0 Replies