FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Dear Sir, I am using ALTLVDS_RX IP on a Cyclone V GX device, and noticing that for some reason the rx_locked pin of PLL is never being locked. Same problem noticed when PLL is set to shared between LVDS transmitter and receiver. DPA not active.

CSegu
Beginner

I am using ALTLVDS_RX IP on a Cyclone V GX device, and noticing that for some reason the rx_locked pin of PLL is never being locked. Same problem noticed is PLL is set to shared between transmitter and receiver.

I am new to ALTLVDS_RX. Can you please provide me some guidelines on what might be the issue. I am using a deserializer of 8, one channel and data rate 400Mbps and clock frequency 50MHz.

Attached are the timing diagram showing that rx_locked not being asserted.

LVDS_RX.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee
Hi, I am requesting to isolate the problem first, First make a simple LVDS Rx and requesting you to signal tap the signals. If still lock signal is not high, I am requesting to check the input to the clock ,is there any noise is been affected.
0 Kudos
CSegu
Beginner
Dear RSree, Now I am having rx_clock and tx_clock pins are locked high now. I went to check with oscilloscope for the LVDS transmitter output clock tx_outclock but this is not being generated. Why tx_outclock is not being generated? Regards, Clive
0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee
Hi, There could be multiple reasons for not generating the clock may be the input will not be proper. IP configuration will be proper or board level issues.
0 Kudos