FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Do you know procedure for migrating FPGA VHDL to ASIC ?

CSegu
Beginner

Can you please provide me guidance concerning the procedure for migrating a VHDL FPGA design into an Altera HardCopy ASIC device for fabrication. Is there any contact for technical support who can guide on this matter?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kenny_Tan
0 Kudos
CSegu
Beginner

I already went through this documentation, but still there is no clear procedure. Is some kind of special equipment required to do the transfer from FPGA to HardCopy Asic or I just contact Altera design center to do it ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

​It seems like hardcopy had been discontinued. You can refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/programmable/mature-devices.html

0 Kudos
CSegu
Beginner

Hi Ktan9,

I need to use a structured ASIC device for my implementation. What alternatives are there to Hardcopy ASIC device ? Is there an alternative product number with a structured ASIC technology from ALTERA?

Thank you.

Regards,

Clive

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Give a call to the distributer to see if they can provide you the product. What is your implementation? You can discuss with them and see what they can offer you.

0 Kudos
CSegu
Beginner

Hi KTan9,

My Implementation is concerned with the fabrication of a digital circuit into 400 pin ASIC device running at >500MHz

So the distributor will take care of the fabrication process?

Regards,

Clive

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

500Mhz is very high frequencies. The distributer will not able to take care of your fabrication process. They can suggest you on device selection base on your requirement. If they cannot offer the Asic device, ask them if they have other vendor can offer.​

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Btw, Intel just acquire eAsic. you can also contact our local sales for more information.

0 Kudos