FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5884 Discussions

Enabling User-controlled Refresh for ALTMEMPHY in MegaWizard Plug-in Manger

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've created a DDR memory controller that interfaces with an ALTMEMPHY IP block that was generated with the MegaWizard Plug-in Manager. My design methodology does not use Qsys or any other Avalon functions. I have the memory controller transferring data to and from a Micron DDR Verilog model in simulation with the ALTMEMPHY. I want to control the refresh with my DDR memory controller, because the data transfers are long bursts on the order of 5 times the average refresh time. So, I'd like to initiate 5 back-to-back Auto-refresh cycles at the end of each burst. 

I have not found a way to enable User-controlled Refresh using the MegaWizard Plug-in Manager. Any thoughts....?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My mistake. I had to let the simulation run past the DDR calibration. I simply had to send five Auto-refresh commands with the proper timings to make the refresh work. There was nothing special needed in the ALTMEMPHY generation to make it work. 

Sorry for the spam.