FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Free DSP Builder License?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, im working on Quartus II web edition and i have not got problems in all process. But when i try to generate a VHDL code in DSPBuilder i need a license. My question is, there is any FREE licence.dat file that i can download from altera web? I´ve bought a Cyclone III starter Kit, may be there is any code in the box that i can use? In altera web i dont find information about DSP Builder registration... :confused: 

Thank you all.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

as far as i know, only the "DSP" kits include a DSP Builder license

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That means that i have to buy a license? ther is no free or eval license for the DSP Builder software? (i have download the 10 version)  

Thanks for you answers..
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you might try contacting your Altera distributor to see if they can provide an evaluation license

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ok! thank you...So ther isn´t a licence to download from the web like Quartus II web edition..?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i don't think so

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

you might try contacting your Altera distributor to see if they can provide an evaluation license 

--- Quote End ---  

hi, may i know how to contact Altera to obtain evaluation license file for dsp builder as I am actually doing my final year project using DE2 board and I need dsp builder to integrate my design from MATLAB simulink into de2 board. As far as i know, dsp development kit provides the license but i am not suing the dsp development kit. I am using DE2 board. May i ask is dsp builder possible to be used for this? Many thanks :) 

Regards, 

sdr
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Sergio: 

As long as you have the DSP builder license, you can target any FPGA with the design as long as it has enough physical resources to handle the completed design. 

So you should not have any problems unless you run out of LE's, Memory, or other resources when you attempt to build. 

Pete
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sir, 

I'm using  

1. Altera Cyclone family kit (EP1C12Q240C8) 

2. Matlab 2011b (32bit) 

3. Altera Quartus II 11.0sp1 (web edition) 

4. Altera DSP Builder 11.0sp1 (free version) 

5.Modelsim SE 10.0c  

I am facing the same problem regarding license. 

When I run "Signal Compiler" from DSP BUILDER block in simulink model page 

then I noticed  

"info: generating hdl 

info: analyzing simulink model 

matlab error 

unable to obtain a dsp builder license. please check that your lm_license_file environment variable is set to a valid license file or license server. lm_license_file is currently "c:/modeltech10c/win32/license.dat". 

error: error during compilation: error: error analyzing model see log for details. 

" 

I search for DSP builder student/ evaluation version license . But I can't not fine out. 

Would you like to give me a way to solve this problem 

With Regards  

Kingsuk
0 Kudos