FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Hi everyone, Is there a mapping between the JTAG interface and the TSE IP for setting registers? how could I use the register settings from the tcl script in my vhdl design?

MDehp
Beginner

I want to use 2 tse MAC's in my own design in HDL-author, but it seems somehow that the registers that I configure through the Avalon-MM are not set correctly or that the registers for the PHY are not set correctly through the MDIO interface. I can not simulate my whole design due to encrypted files. However I can use the generated testbench from Intel and simulate the register values that I a want to set in the MAC.

The reference design from Intel uses tcl scripts to configure the TSE module through a JTAG interface. But the register settings don't match with the registers from the datasheet of the TSE.

I am using the MAX 10 development kit with Dual Ethernet port and 2 PHY’s.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonT_Intel
0 Kudos
MDehp
Beginner

Yes, that example does work, but i want to add another TSE in the design and use 2 PHY's. But then i dont know how to configure the second PHY through the tcl script. Is there a datasheet of the 88E1111 Phy of the register spaces?

0 Kudos