FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

How can i evaluate the Video and Image Processing Suite?

SSchm28
Beginner

I have an Cyclone 10 LP Evaluation Kit and Quartus Prime 18.1 lite.

I took the "c10lp_golden_top" demo project and included a "Test Pattern Generator II IP Core".

Synthesis and Fitting works fine, but it doesn't generate a programming file.

I got thes Error:

Error (204009): Can't generate netlist output files because the license for encrypted file "d:/entwicklung/tests/cyclone10lp-10cl025yu256-eval-v17.0.0stdb595/golden_top/golden_top/db/ip/testpattern_generator/submodules/src_hdl/alt_vip_tpg_bars_alg_core.sv" is not available

I activated the evaluation mode -> "Settings" -> "Compilation Process Settings" -> "More Settings" -> "Intel FPGA IP Evaluation Mode = Enable"

Did i miss something ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the licensing of the Test Pattern Generator II IP core. I understand that you are currently trying to use the evaluaation mode of the IP but seems get into netlist generation error. As I understand it, the Video IP Suite support OpenCore feature which allow user to try out specific IP without license.

Just would like to check with you on the following:

1. I understand that you are currently using Q18.1 Lite. Would you mind to try with Q18.1Std to see if similar error observed? I have only use Video IPs in Std and Pro edition but not Lite. This would be helpful to narrow down if it is due to Lite edition.

2. Just wonder if you have other IP which is also using OpenCore feature? Based on my previous experience, you might get into error if there are more than one OpenCore IPs used in a design.

3. You can also try with a simple test design with only the Test Pattern Generator II IP to see if similar error observed?

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos