FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

How to use AN431 PCIe application software for ArriaV GX develpment kit.

go_jeff_huang
Beginner

Hi

I would like to test PCIe I/F and DDR3 memory on ArriaV GX FPGA development kit by using AN431 software.

Now I can see my PC correctly recognize the kit as ALTERA_PCI_DEV_KIT device in device manager window.

However, after that, AN431 software shows "Board 0: Could not detect AN431 compatible design".

Could someone let me know how to solve this problem?

Also let me show any reference documents?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

As per the AN431, the design is only supported for ​Arria II or Stratix IV, so the driver may not compatible with the Cyclone V device. Another application note that you can refer to is AN 708. Here is the link: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an708.pdf

Regards -SK

go_jeff_huang
Beginner

Hi SK Lim

Thank you for your reply.

In AN708 which shown by you, I can see the category "Installing the Windows Software".

This category says "Download the Windows_for_AVMM_DMA_On_Chip_Mem.zip files for the demo

driver."

However I could not find this zip file in internet.

Do you know where could I download this file?

If I can download this file successfully, I think I will be able to test PCIe I/F in ArriaV GX development kit by using AN708.

Regards

SengKok_L_Intel

The link is at page 3, after you click on Arria V reference design, it will lead to a wiki page, and the zip file is there.

https://fpgawiki.intel.com/wiki/Reference_Design:_Gen2x4_AVMM_DMA_with_external_DDR3_-_Arria_V

Regards -SK