FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

IEEE 1735 Encryption Public Key

TFisc4
Novice

Hello,

I would like to have a public key to encrypt my IP as described here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_intro_to_megafunctions.pdf

Regards,

--

Thierry

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Are you using the Intel Quartus Prime software to encrypt the file or third party software?

Thanks

0 Kudos
TFisc4
Novice

I would like to encrypt a design in order to deliver it to a third party without releaving the sources.

Indeed I heard that there was a Quartus executable to perform the encryption, but first step is obtaining the public key isn't it?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel
Hi, If you are using the Intel Quartus Prime software to perform the encryption, public key is not required. If you are using a third party tool to perform encryption for files that will be compiled in the Intel Quartus Prime software, you will need a public key. Please confirm the tools used to encrypt the source file. Thanks.
0 Kudos
TFisc4
Novice

Hi,

OK, so I will use the Quartus Prime Software, however I could not find guide or application notes explaining how to do it.

With the encrypted IP, the third party will still be able to perform simulation ?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel
Hi, May I know if you have any updates? Thanks.
0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may check the usage using encrypt_1735 --help

For simulation, use the --simulation option

Thanks.

0 Kudos