FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

IP Purchase

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Good morning. 

Understand that OpenCore IP must be tethered unless IP is purchased. When I use Quartus programmer, it indicates that I have two evaluation IP cores: 

Vendor 6af7 Product A2 

Vendor 6af7 Product BD 

Reviewing the info/warning messages, it appears that these are the Altera NIOS and Triple speed ethernet cores. It also appears that these can be purchased as part of Altera's IP-EMBEDDED product. 

Just looking for confirmation that I am buying the right thing and that the IP-EMBEDDED purchase will allow me to create and non-time limited SOF (and subsequently POF) file. 

Thanks, in advance, 

ME
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes those two cores are indeed the Nios and TSE. If what you are reffering to is the IPS-EMBEDDED suite described here (http://www.altera.com/devices/processor/nios2/ipsuite/ni2-ip-suite.html) then it should cover those two.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Define "dynamic IP". I don't think what we mean by "IP" in this forum is what you mean.