FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5884 Discussions

Installation Error of DSP Toolbox

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have already installed Quartus II Web Edition, ModelSim, Nios, and Matlab R2014 A with no problems. I am running on a Windows 7 64 bit OS.  

I get the following error during install of dsp builder: 

Error running C:\altera\14.1/quartus/dsp_builder/setupMatlabClassPath.bat install "C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2014a" "C:\altera\14.1/quartus/dsp_builder": child killed: segmentation violation 

I have tried removing everything and fresh installing, but still am having the same problem. A segmentation fault is never a good thing, but I have no idea why I am getting this. Obvioulsy after this error the program uninstalls and exists, so I can never use Altera in my Matlab Simulink environment. I really want to get the ball rolling on this, but can't seem to overcome this problem.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
0 Replies