FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Intel Stratix 10 MSI-X for PCIe multi function variant

agula
New Contributor I

Hi All,

The Stratix 10 PCIe SRIOV user guide for Quartus Pro 20.3 specifies that you no longer need to use Bar 4 for MSI-X on virtual functions. However, In platform designer there is no option to change the VF table bar indicator or PBA bar indicator. You also cannot specify the address offset either. The design will automatically default to Bar 4. I am migrating this design from an Arria 10 and do not want to add an extra bar to the design. How can I go about changing the VF bar indicator for the MSIx table to Bar 0.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

In table 20, it states that BAR4 used to access those tables. From the GUI, there is no option to change it.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_s10_pcie_avst.pdf

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos