FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5954 Discussions

Interfacing with Altera-MM Salve of UniPHY DDR2 controller

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi to all.... 

This is my first post in this forum and my english is not quite good... 

I have some problem with a UniPHY interface generated trought Megawizard (Quartus II 13.0 with a Stratix IV device) for the interface with a DDR2 memory. 

As I read in the documentation and in this forum I have in the user side an Avalon-MM Slave interface so I used the Avalon specification chapter 3. 

I have some doubts  

• respect the sincronizzatio of the avalon interface: The signal ( in particular the avl_ready = not(waitrequest)) changes on the clock edge so if I use a statement like @(posedge clk) I read the state only on the following clock edge cause two read request. 

• Wher i can find the properties of the generated Avalon-MM interface listed in the table 3-2 of the Avalon Specification? 

First I must write data in the interface otherwise when I try to read the interface return "x" data. 

When I use a write burst size of "1" and make a read request (also with burst size 1) the interface return to two valid data. 

Figure 1-1 

When I use a write burst size of "1" and make a read request with burst size =3 the interface return 3 valid data but the first two are egual. 

Figure1-3 

Otherwise when I use a write burst size different from 1 the following read request are ignored. 

figure 21 

figure 2-3 

This is the question... More Important is to find the properties of the interface because I'm not sure on the addressing and data size of the Avalon-MM interface. 

Thanks to all! 

Edit: Sorry but I can't upload image. Return an invalide file. The image are a .png of size less then 100kb. Suggestion?
0 Kudos
0 Replies