FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Is this the bug of altmemddr IP of intel

XQSHEN
Novice

In the platform designer, the ip of altmemddr for ddr2, the signal type of external_connections (local_init_done, reset_phy_clk_n) shares the same name is export, it raises error if this conduits connected to other modules. Is it a bug of this ip? how to handle it?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I'm not sure I understand. A conduit (or any interface) is exported from a Platform Designer system and is made up of one or more unique signal names that you connect to other parts of your Quartus project or connect directly to I/O pins. When you export any interface (including a conduit) in Platform Designer, you enter a unique name and the individual signals of the exported interface are prefixed with this unique name. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
XQSHEN
Novice

You can see from below picture. There external_conduits of altmemaddr includes 3 outputs , all below 3 outputs use the same signal type is export. I would like to connect these 3 output to other modules inside this NIOS system, it will reports error message because they shares the same name of signal type. I expect there should be no issue if they name it differently, but I can not change this ip.cap.JPG

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What are the error messages? Can you show the conduit(s) that you are trying to connect this conduit to? Normally, to connect a conduit to a conduit in a system, the signal names must match, as you say. Without seeing the other side or the error messages you're getting, it's hard to diagnose.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
XQSHEN
Novice

Your are right. They should be match, but this ip conduit with 3 signal marked with export, then you can not map with each output. This is the my concern.

In the below picture, the test_manager_0.ddr_status is defined by me with conduit, local_init_done, and reset_phy_clk_n.

warning ddr2.JPG

0 Kudos
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

Hi @XShen1​ ,

Is it possible for you to attach the design so that I reproduce the issue locally and get better understanding of the issue?

Let me know if you have any concern.

Regards,

Aida

0 Kudos
XQSHEN
Novice

I find it's solved in UniPHY design. So I decided to change to UniPHY design and not plan more action on it.

0 Kudos
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

Glad to know the issue is solved 😊 . Thanks for the confirmation. I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos