FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5890 Discussions

Issue with Cyclone V Transceiver Native Phy RX

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everyone, 

I am trying to send SD-SDI signal through the GXB pins of my altera development kit. I have successfully implemented the Tx part and am able to see the test patterns on the display. However, when I am trying to loop this data back to the Rx, I am getting random 10 bit data output. I simulated the code with seriallpbken and it works perfectly fine there, but not on hardware.  

When I send the SDI data, I oversample it 5 times to make the data rate as 1350 Mbps to get it in the range of transceivers, and I can see 270 Mbps data at the output of Tx. The Rx gets this 270Mbps data back and has a CDR ref frequency of 135Mhz. So I'm not sure how Rx would oversample it 5 times again before deserializing. 

Even when I remove this loopback from Tx to Rx I am getting some random data which I am checking through signal tap, so I am not sure where this data is coming from. 

So, if anyone has worked on sending and receiving oversampled data using transceiver native phy, please help.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am getting tx_ready, rx_ready, pll_locked and rx_is_locked_to_data signals correctly even on the hardware but still no valid Rx output data.