FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Legacy IIR Filter IP file(s)

RobAMT
Beginner

I am updating an ACEX 1K hardware design to a MAX10 FPGA.  This design was created using Altera IIRFilter Megafunction wizard and have the original .tdf file created by the tool (see attached as .txt).  I am using Quartus Prime Lite Edition V 19.1.

I included the iirfilter50.tdf file into the design project and when compiling an error is generated - "Error (287062): Can't open AHDL Include File biquad.inc".  I can not locate this file in any current IP library.

Is the biquad.inc file and its dependencies (if any) available for download somewhere?

The goal of this design project is to recreate the functionality of the original hardware design.  So it would be best for this project to be able to include the original iirfilter design and implement it in the MAX10 even though it is not the latest or greatest.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, these two are different device families and based on my experience, generally we would not be able to directly port over design files from one family to another. It is recommended for you to re-instantiate a new FIR II instance in Max 10 device following your previous configuration.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, these two are different device families and based on my experience, generally we would not be able to directly port over design files from one family to another. It is recommended for you to re-instantiate a new FIR II instance in Max 10 device following your previous configuration.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
RobAMT
Beginner

Thanks.  I will create a FIR II filter that targets the MAX10 device.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Just would like to follow up with you on this. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

I believe the initial inquiry has been addressed. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos