FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

License problems with Quartus II Web Edition

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I need a license for Quartus II to build applications for my Cyclone processor. I have requested the license from altera.com but I do not receive it in my e-mail. I have tried requesting it several times, but nothing happens. The e-mail address is correct and there is no spam/virus protection blocking the e-mail. I have sent a service request on mySupport explaining my problem but haven't gotten any response. 

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to get the license? 

Regards 

petur
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You should be able to just install Quartus WEB, and request the license when you open up quartus. (It will grab it directly from Altera, and install it. no email required) 

I've used this several times in the past, with no problems. 

Pete
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When I hit automatic web update (or what is called) I get sent to the licensing page at altera.com. As I could see the automatic update is only available it you need to renew you license, not if you need to get one for the first time.  

In any case, I have been contacted by altera support, so I'll get my license soon, thanks for the help :) 

petur
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I have the same problem. It's 3 time that I ask via altera web site a web edition license, and no answer from them. I do not have any spam blocker (I receive altera newsletter).  

What did you do to solve it ? 

Thanks in advance, 

Gonzague
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I went here: https://mysupport.altera.com/eservice/ and created a service request explaining my problem. After a couple of days I got a response and a license :) 

Hope it helps. 

/petur
0 Kudos