FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Multiply and Accumulate Intel IP Core

Mathiazhagan
Novice

Hi All,

Am using cyclone V E Version development board, am developing a project with the help of intel IP Cores, I could not find a IP for multiply and accumulate, after searching in google i came to know that cyclone V does not have a IP named Multiply and accumulate, Instead of it can use Multiply and adder so anyone please help me out how to realize the function (D-A)*B using the ipcore available, 

Thanks in Advance 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YEan
Employee

You may use Intel FPGA Multiply Adder IP Core to realize your function. You can refer to this https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683490/20-3/intel-fpga-multiply-adder-ip-core.html guideline to select the parameters.

0 Kudos
Mathiazhagan
Novice

Hi there, 

Thanks for the reply from your side, I went through the document shared related to the IP FPGA Multiply Adder, In this after product operation am able to add or subtract, Moreover am not able to find a way to implement my function, So kindly let me know how to implement the function (D-A)*B. 

If possible please share me the tutorial along with it 

Thanks 

V. Mathiazhagan 

0 Kudos
YEan
Employee

Hi V. Mathiazhagan,

Has this issue been resolved?

Thanks,

Ean

0 Kudos
Mathiazhagan
Novice

Dear YEan,

No, Even though i went through the document u have shared am not able to find a solution, Still am working on it if i got done with it definitely i will let u know, Meanwhile if u have other tutorial related to it please share.

Thanks in Advance 

0 Kudos
YEan
Employee

Hi V. Mathiazhagan,

This was an older version of user guide but it expressed each mode with equation https://manualzz.com/doc/4172591/integer-arithmetic-ip-cores-user-guide . You may look at pg 57, your function can implement by pre-adder input mode. After you had customize the IP, you may just have to add a Verilog or VHDL file to declare your input and output.

Thanks,

Ean

0 Kudos