FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

NCO Generation fails in QPro v20.1 with an error.

BHoey
Beginner

I've got v20.1 pro installed with just the Arria 10 devices. As a test I ran the NCO IP with just the defaults.

These are messages from the Platform Designer generation :

Info: qsys-generate D:\temp\test.ip --synthesis=VERILOG --output-directory=D:\temp\test --family="Arria 10" --part=10AS066H3F34E2LG

Error: nco_ii_0: Problem getting the aliases for all known families com.altera.infrastructure.devices.DeviceDBException: Could not execute query: SELECT fam_alias.alias, fam.display_name FROM family_alias fam_alias JOIN family fam ON fam.id == fam_alias.family_id union all select name, display_name from family union all select display_name, display_name from family; com.altera.jdbcsqlite.Exception: no such table: family

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Can you try to install all devices? This seems to be a bug that need all device to be install.

Also, may I know what OS that you were using?

0 Kudos
BHoey
Beginner
Installed all other Devices (40GB worth) and still have the same issue. Tried the FFT as well and it was fine. Changed devices to C10 and had the same issue.
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

May I know what Os that you were using?

0 Kudos
BHoey
Beginner
0 Kudos
BHoey
Beginner
Same error on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. (Only Arria 10 installed)
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

In your Ubuntu, can you install all device and see the result?

Please note that we are aware of this issue. But we want to collect whether Linux able to resolve it will all device install.

Understand that Windows still failed even though all device had been install.

0 Kudos
BHoey
Beginner
Failed as well. Ran command line and get these details .... qsys-generate /home/brian/Work/test/nco_test/nco_test.ip --synthesis=VERILOG --output-directory=/home/brian/Work/test/nco_test/nco_test --family="Arria 10" --part=10AS016C3U19E2LG <truncated message waterfall> at com.altera.qsys.generate.QsysGenerate.act(QsysGenerate.java:1201) at com.altera.utilities.AltCmdLineToolBase.runTheTool(AltCmdLineToolBase.java:786) at com.altera.qsys.generate.QsysGenerate.main(QsysGenerate.java:274) Caused by: com.altera.infrastructure.devices.DeviceDBEnvironmentException*: /opt/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/quartus/common/devinfo/device.db does not exist* at com.altera.infrastructure.devices.DeviceDB.<init>(Unknown Source) ... 49 more 2020.05.04.14:23:33 Error: nco_ii_0: Problem getting the aliases for all known families com.altera.infrastructure.devices.DeviceDBException: Could not execute query: SELECT fam_alias.alias, fam.display_name FROM family_alias fam_alias JOIN family fam ON fam.id == fam_alias.family_id union all select name, display_name from family union all select display_name, display_name from family; com.altera.jdbcsqlite.Exception: no such table: family 2020.05.04.14:23:33 Info: nco_test: Done "nco_test" with 2 modules, 1 files *** That ../common/devinfo/device.db is not in my 20.1 installs. It is in 19.4. -Brian
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Noted. I will try to get a workaround for you.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

The temporally workaround provided by the engineering would be the generate the IP in 19.4 and use the RTL generated in the 20.1 Quartus release. We will file a KDB/Documentation on this.

We are sorry for the inconvenience cause,

0 Kudos
BHoey
Beginner

Is there a target release for this to be fixed?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

It should be fixed 20.2

Thanks

0 Kudos