FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5990 Discussions

PCI-E Avalon-ST64: how to get Bus and Device number of card?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello! 

I have got fully working design based on Cyclone IV GX and PCI-E 1.0 x1 and using Avalon-ST 64-bit interface from my logic to IP core. All is fine (bus mastering transfers and interrupts), however I have to use BDF (Bus Device Function) as hardcoded constant. Of course, as the result, I'm getting card inoperable in different ports on different computers. I want to get BDF dynamically from PCI-E IP core. 

There are tl_cfg interface which may provide me needed bus and device numbers, however this code is not working, when I remove constant (initial bdf = 16'h0200) then through Signal Tap I see bdf as 0000. What I doing wrong? Is this correct that I divide core_clk_out when passing to pld_clk? Is there any easier way to get Bus and Device number? 

reg cfg_clock; wire cfg_addr; wire cfg_data; initial cfg_clock = 0; pcie_core pcie( // ... .pld_clk(cfg_clock), .tl_cfg_add(cfg_addr), .tl_cfg_ctl(cfg_data), // ... ); reg bdf; initial bdf = 16'h0200; always @(posedge core_clk_out) begin cfg_clock <= cfg_clock + 1; if(cfg_addr == 4'hF) bdf <= {cfg_data, 3'b0}
0 Kudos
0 Replies