FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

PCI-Express-HIP-MegaWizard: BFM driver modules

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I want to generate a PCI-Express HIP with the MegaWizard Plugin Manager. The PCI Express Compiler User Guide tells, that the MegaWizard should also generate BFM driver modules (location of the Root Port BFM is: <variation_name>_examples/rootport/testbench/altpcietb_bfm_driver_rp.v). 

But the testbench directory doesn't exist in the rootport directory! 

Can anybody please tell me, where I can find, or how I can generate the BFM driver module "altpcietb_bfm_driver_rp.v"?! 

Regards, 

Rafael Grabowski
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i am looking for the same answer... anyone?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Wellcome to the Altera's PCIe simulation environment nightmare.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

:P 

It turned out I could design my project as end point.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Wellcome to the Altera's PCIe simulation environment nightmare. 

--- Quote End ---  

Can anyone from Altera chime in with real information on when this is going to get resolved? The PCIe examples are broken and don't meet timing. The IP Compiler for PCI Express User Guide was last updated for Quartus 11, and was wrong even then let alone taking into account changes since. The promised BFMs vanished without a trace two years ago. 

Altera's posted over $225M in profits so far this year. It seems like hiring a solid dozen people to work on this wouldn't be impossible.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Gave up on this one a while ago. These guys helped me out - Altera distributor who built their own PCIe rootport BFM tool to fix the problem: http://www.macnica-na.com/web/americas/pci-express 

The free version does most of what I need.
0 Kudos