FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

PCI Express to External Memory Reference Design Qsys(Arria II GX): Data Verify Failed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I am trying to run the reference design with the guide of an433.pdf.  

In the PCI Express Demo Application, When i select the run Onchip DMA Test or DDR DMA Test with the following setting: 

- PC > FPGA 

- Enable the check data 

It always shows that data verify failed. Is there any possible reason will cause this? 

Is the item below will cause the issue: 

1. The pcie slot on PC motherboard is x16 and the pcie on arria ii dev kit is x8 

2. Ignore the found new hardware wizard after the arria ii dev kit is plugged onto PC pcie slot 

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I believe it shouldn't related to the slot where you inserted. I've tried using the x16 slot but no trouble. 

Was the board detected correctly on the GUI? 

The other direction worked for you? sounds like you are having issue on the PC to FPGA direction only?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have no idea whether it is detected correctly. It seems to me is correct. It only happens from PC to FPGA only. The FPGA to PC is working fine. 

This issue has been solved by replug-in, reprogram and install the jungo driver during found new hardware wizard.  

Thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you using the Arria II dev kit and left all the settings alone? If so which north bridge are you connecting the dev kit to? 

The only issue with that design I know of is when someone changed the transfer size and a 16MB boundary was crossed which I'm told is not allowed in PCIe (I'm not expert in PCIe, I only know the DMA in that design).
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sounds like it was just issue with loose connection? based on what the woeichee said?

0 Kudos