FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP

PCIe Gen3 PHY-IP

Moti
Employee

I use Stratix10, quartus pro 20.3, I want to generate IP PHY of PCIe, NativePHY IP with PCIe PIPE mode only.

I saw at https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/stratix-10/ug_stratix10_...

Table 99. PIPE Gen3 32 bit PCS Clock Rates p.172

Moti_0-1628665277010.png

that I can choose, gen 1 will work with clock of 62.5MHz , How can I choose this clock rate and use it for pipe clk ?

the default PCS clkout is 125MHz, and I find no mention of changing the frequency of gen1

Thanks,

Moti

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

You will not see the 62.5Mhz for selecting the Gen1 capability only. This is because gen1 is not using 32 bits interface. This 62.5Mhz is referring to when you select Gen3 Capability mode, but it down trained to Gen1.

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
Moti
Employee

Hi

thanks for the response,

yes, I choose gen3, but the PCS clk is 125MHz . ( as the img I attached )

In these default values gen1 will work at 62.5MHz ?

​​

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

Yes, it should work. Users can use the pipe_rate[1:0] signal to change the data rate.

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos