FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

PCIe chaining dma example test failed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All: 

I used PCI express compiler 7.2 in my porject with quartus II 7.2. The PCI Express MegaWizard auto generated two examples:chaining dma and simple dma.  

I simulated the chaining dma example with runtb.bat in \chaining_dma\testbench. After standard DMA read(data is transferred from BFM shared memory to ep memory) and DMA write(data is transferred back from ep mem to the BFM shared mem) test,the testbench failed in data integrity check. It's reported that the write data not equal with read data. I found all of the DMA write data in the BFM shared mem are zero. 

Any suggestion? 

Thanks. 

-huzj_ecc
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you post the <variation_name>.v file (so that I could recreate the exact same variation and examples) I might be able to take look and see what is wrong.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Thank you for reply.I have solved my problem.Because when using Modelsim se 6.2 or 6.3f to simulate the example,there is an optimization problem with the ALTSYNCRAM module.I disabled the optimization option followed the solution: 

http://www.altera.com/support/kdb/solutions/rd05052008_373.html?gsa_pos=1&wt.oss_r=1&wt.oss=rd05052008_373 

It works well now.
0 Kudos