FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

PFL IP core causing Flash access error

FPGA_World
Beginner

I am Interfacing Intel FPGA Cyclone V (5CEBA5F), MAX V CPLD (5M1270Z) with Flash (S29GL01GT) to configure and store data.

I am using CPLD and Flash device to configure the FPGA. In CPLD, I have implemented PFL IP core to assist the configuration process. During the configuration, data stored in the Flash device are read by CPLD and programmed to FPGA. Configuration of FPGA by CPLD is happening as expected. But during the normal FPGA operation, Flash erase operation fails.

After debugging, I believe that PFL is holding the Flash control and data lines. What is the correct way to instantiate the PFL core in CPLD? 

Attached images shows PFL settings.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FPGA_World
Beginner

To reach the solution, I tried following solutions

1) Init_done signal from FPGA is feedback to one of the FPGA's input pin and enable all the FPGA logics AFTER "Init_done" is high.

2)  Reset the Flash device after Init_done is high and before writing data to Flash.

3)  Use "Flash_ready" signal to verify the Flash state after reset.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

You may refer to PFL IP userguide below:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_pfl.pdf

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If there is no further information needed, I will proceed to close this case.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
FPGA_World
Beginner

To reach the solution, I tried following solutions

1) Init_done signal from FPGA is feedback to one of the FPGA's input pin and enable all the FPGA logics AFTER "Init_done" is high.

2)  Reset the Flash device after Init_done is high and before writing data to Flash.

3)  Use "Flash_ready" signal to verify the Flash state after reset.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos