FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Parallel Flash Loader (PFL) IP Core Signals

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hallo 

I am making a PFL IP core for a MAX V CPLD. When i look at the user guide on the following link 

https://www.altera.com/documentation/sss1411439280066.html#sss1458191622012 

there is the following signal pfl_nreconfigure which is an input and has the following description 

After pfl_nreset asserted high for at least fifteen clock cycles, the subsequent low signal at this pin initiates the FPGA reconfiguration. For more flexibility in controlling the FPGA reconfiguration, you can reconnect this pin to a switch to set this input pin high or low. When FPGA reconfiguration is initiated, the fpga_nconfig pin is pulled low to reset the FPGA device. The pfl_clk pin registers this signal. This pins are not available for the flash programming option in the PFL IP core. 

But when i generate the PFL IP Core from ALTERA Quartus IP core, i dont see this signal. How can i access this signal or is it necessary???
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you enable the parameter for it in the parameter editor? Page 40 of the PDF says the parameter is named "Include input to force reconfiguration".

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear sstrell 

thanks again for your quick and perfect answer. Another signal that is making me confused is the fpga_init_done signal from the following pdf 

https://www.altera.com/en_us/pdfs/literature/wp/wp_max_flash.pdf 

But i could not find this signal in PFL IP core user guide. So i am bit confused about this signal also.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That's a really old document. It's named fpga_conf_done in the PFL IP user guide.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks again, now we have to make a custom hardware to test the PFL IP, with MAX V , Cyclone IV E and Micron CFI parallel flash 

then i guess i will again have questions.
0 Kudos