FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Platform Designer HDL generation errors on AN 830: Intel FPGA Triple-Speed Ethernet and On-Board PHY

Lorne_K_Intel
Employee

platform designer qsys_top.qsys generate HDL exited with errors

https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/19.3.0/Pro/an-830-intel-fpga-triple-speed-ethernet-and-on-board-phy-chip-reference-design-for-intel-stratix-10-devices/

Error: qsys_top_error_adapter2_0.qsys_top_error_adapter2_0: Component error_adapter2 1.0 not found or could not be instantiated
Error: qsys-generate failed with exit code 3: 1 Error, 5 Warnings
Error: qsys_top_error_adapter2_0.qsys_top_error_adapter2_0: Component error_adapter2 1.0 not found or could not be instantiated
Error: qsys-generate failed with exit code 3: 1 Error, 5 Warnings
Error: qsys_top_aso_splitter_0.qsys_top_aso_splitter_0: Component aso_splitter 1.0 not found or could not be instantiated
Error: qsys-generate failed with exit code 3: 1 Error, 6 Warnings
Error: qsys_top_aso_splitter_0.qsys_top_aso_splitter_0: Component aso_splitter 1.0 not found or could not be instantiated
Error: qsys_top_eth_gen_0.qsys_top_eth_gen_0: Component eth_gen 1.0 not found or could not be instantiated
Error: qsys_top_eth_gen_0.qsys_top_eth_gen_0: Component eth_gen 1.0 not found or could not be instantiated
Error: qsys_top_st_mux_2_to_1_0.qsys_top_st_mux_2_to_1_0: Component st_mux_2_to_1 1.0 not found or could not be instantiated
Error: qsys-generate failed with exit code 3: 1 Error, 8 Warnings
Error: qsys_top_st_mux_2_to_1_0.qsys_top_st_mux_2_to_1_0: Component st_mux_2_to_1 1.0 not found or could not be instantiated
Error: qsys-generate failed with exit code 3: 1 Error, 8 Warnings
Error: eth_mon_0.eth_mon_0: Component eth_mon 1.0 not found or could not be instantiated
Error: eth_mon_0.eth_mon_0: Component eth_mon 1.0 not found or could not be instantiated

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi, 

I found a workaround of this problem, please unzip the attached file to get the two missing folders (crc32 & User_Logic),  and then locate it at "platform" folder. After that, you should be able to generate the platform designer of this example. 

Regards -SK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

hi,

Thank you for letting us know this problem, and I can observe the same error from my site.

It look like the hw.tcl files for those customer components in this design was not included in the par file. I will contact the owner of this design to obtain those missing files. Will keep you updated.

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi, 

I found a workaround of this problem, please unzip the attached file to get the two missing folders (crc32 & User_Logic),  and then locate it at "platform" folder. After that, you should be able to generate the platform designer of this example. 

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
Lorne_K_Intel
Employee

Thanks, SengKok.
The solution works perfectly.

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

For the permanent fix, we are in progress to update the PAR file in design store, and it may take some time.

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos