FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Quartus Pro v21.1. Synthesis error of two independent instance of FFT

vdpavel
New Contributor I

Hi,

Yesterday I got temporary license for Quartus Prime Pro. And stucked right at the beginning of using Pro version. In the past I always used Standard version of quartus. Very simple test is not compiling by Pro version. Test project attached. Project contains just top file, and 2 qsys files of "FFT Intel FPGA IP". If use only one FFT - everything is ok. But if add second one - fail. Compilation fails during "Synthesis". Standard version of quartus compiles as expected without problems. The same situation with NCO.

I tried to investigate errors and found out, that quaruts pro generates tmp-clearbox directory with *.tdf files. I guess that some of this files are used by fft. Inside some of this files full path to  hex files:

INIT_FILE="fft_a/altera_fft_ii_191/synth/fft_a_altera_fft_ii_191_glumlpq_3n256cos.hex",

some files contains just name of hex wihtout path:

INIT_FILE="fft_b_altera_fft_ii_191_tdfvdzi_2n512sin.hex".

Screenshot of quartus report in attached jpg file. Is it a bug of quartus or I do something wrong?

Regards, Pavel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nurina
Employee

Hi Pavel,

Here's a KDB that can help you with your issue: https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/embedded/2019/can-t-find-memory-initialization-file-or-hexadecimal--intel-form.html

Let me know if this helps,

Nurina

P/S: Feel free to give Kudos to any helpful comments.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi Pavel,

Here's a KDB that can help you with your issue: https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/embedded/2019/can-t-find-memory-initialization-file-or-hexadecimal--intel-form.html

Let me know if this helps,

Nurina

P/S: Feel free to give Kudos to any helpful comments.

vdpavel
New Contributor I

Hi Nurina

That exactly what I need. Thank you

Pavel

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Pavel,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Regards,
Nurina

PS: If there's any helpful answer given by the community or Intel Support, feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos