FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5886 Discussions

Quartus Pro v21.1. Synthesis error of two independent instance of FFT

vdpavel
New Contributor I

Hi,

Yesterday I got temporary license for Quartus Prime Pro. And stucked right at the beginning of using Pro version. In the past I always used Standard version of quartus. Very simple test is not compiling by Pro version. Test project attached. Project contains just top file, and 2 qsys files of "FFT Intel FPGA IP". If use only one FFT - everything is ok. But if add second one - fail. Compilation fails during "Synthesis". Standard version of quartus compiles as expected without problems. The same situation with NCO.

I tried to investigate errors and found out, that quaruts pro generates tmp-clearbox directory with *.tdf files. I guess that some of this files are used by fft. Inside some of this files full path to  hex files:

INIT_FILE="fft_a/altera_fft_ii_191/synth/fft_a_altera_fft_ii_191_glumlpq_3n256cos.hex",

some files contains just name of hex wihtout path:

INIT_FILE="fft_b_altera_fft_ii_191_tdfvdzi_2n512sin.hex".

Screenshot of quartus report in attached jpg file. Is it a bug of quartus or I do something wrong?

Regards, Pavel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nurina
Employee

Hi Pavel,

Here's a KDB that can help you with your issue: https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base...

Let me know if this helps,

Nurina

P/S: Feel free to give Kudos to any helpful comments.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi Pavel,

Here's a KDB that can help you with your issue: https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base...

Let me know if this helps,

Nurina

P/S: Feel free to give Kudos to any helpful comments.

vdpavel
New Contributor I

Hi Nurina

That exactly what I need. Thank you

Pavel

Nurina
Employee

Hi Pavel,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Regards,
Nurina

PS: If there's any helpful answer given by the community or Intel Support, feel free to give Kudos.