FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Question about IP : Altera ASMI Parallel IP Core

pwiln
Novice

When performing command  Erase a sector :

At the end of command , signal busy is deasserted

Did this mean that the sector erasure has been completed or

I have to check status register bit 0 which means erase in progress and wait til this bit goes low  ?  

4 Replies
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi pwiln,

The busy signal goes high when the ASMI IP core is executing a valid operation (in this case erase operation), and it goes low after the operation completes. Which configuration flash device are you referring to? For EPCS and EPCQ device. you don't require to read the status register. For EPCQL device , you can try to read the status register bit 0 to know if the erase operation is in progress or complete.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
pwiln
Novice

Hi Nooraini,

Configuration flash device used :    Micron    MT25QL256ABA8SEF     IC FLASH Serial NOR 256MBIT Quad I/O ​

FPGA used : 5AGXMA1D6F31C6N

So from your answer , I only need to wait for signal BUSY to be deasserted and go to next command  ?

Thanks

pascal 

0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi pwiln,

If you are using ASMI Parallel IP, you can either just monitor the busy signal goes low (erase operation complete) or use read_status operation to read the status register bit 0. Otherwise to be safe you can use both where once the busy goes low (erase operation complete) wait at least two clock cycle, then execute the read_status operation.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
pwiln
Novice

thanks

we can close the issue.

pascal​

0 Kudos