FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Remote Upgrade Step by Step plz

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Its first time for me with altera and the remote upgrade IP. I have a Qsys system that seems to be ok for this type of manipulation. The remote upgrade IP has a 20MHz clk and avalon slave interface connect to nios. Device is a 5CEFA4F23C8 with a N25Q256A13 flash.  

For now, I use the same FPGA for factory or application but I use different software for factory or application. Factory soft juste told me "hi" and try to boot on the second FPGA/soft in the flash that just told me "hello". I read "Remote System Upgrade over UART based on Nios II Processor with EPCQ (Cyclone V E FPGA Development Kit)", "Altera Remote Update IP Core User Guide", "AN 603: Active Serial Remote SystemUpgrade Reference Design" and many more. I tried the code of cv_e_rsu_uart project and read a lot of subject into the forum but nothing seem to work for me. The only things i see is  

code in factory soft to boot to fpga/soft application  

int start_fpga_addr = 0x00260000; 

/Set configuration mode to application page 

IOWR(REMOTE_UPDATE_0_BASE, 0x4, 1); 

printf("step1\r\n"); 

usleep(1000000); 

//Write start address 

IOWR(REMOTE_UPDATE_0_BASE, 0x3, start_fpga_addr); 

printf("step2\r\n"); 

usleep(1000000); 

//Trigger reconfiguration 

IOWR(REMOTE_UPDATE_0_BASE, 0x6, 1); 

Do you have a checkpoint list of all the requirement or some hint to be sure all is ok? 

Thx for your help
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, 

I meet the same problem. Did you figure it out? 

hdai
0 Kudos