FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5884 Discussions

Remote Upgrade Step by Step plz

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Its first time for me with altera and the remote upgrade IP. I have a Qsys system that seems to be ok for this type of manipulation. The remote upgrade IP has a 20MHz clk and avalon slave interface connect to nios. Device is a 5CEFA4F23C8 with a N25Q256A13 flash.  

For now, I use the same FPGA for factory or application but I use different software for factory or application. Factory soft juste told me "hi" and try to boot on the second FPGA/soft in the flash that just told me "hello". I read "Remote System Upgrade over UART based on Nios II Processor with EPCQ (Cyclone V E FPGA Development Kit)", "Altera Remote Update IP Core User Guide", "AN 603: Active Serial Remote SystemUpgrade Reference Design" and many more. I tried the code of cv_e_rsu_uart project and read a lot of subject into the forum but nothing seem to work for me. The only things i see is  

code in factory soft to boot to fpga/soft application  

int start_fpga_addr = 0x00260000; 

/Set configuration mode to application page 

IOWR(REMOTE_UPDATE_0_BASE, 0x4, 1); 

printf("step1\r\n"); 

usleep(1000000); 

//Write start address 

IOWR(REMOTE_UPDATE_0_BASE, 0x3, start_fpga_addr); 

printf("step2\r\n"); 

usleep(1000000); 

//Trigger reconfiguration 

IOWR(REMOTE_UPDATE_0_BASE, 0x6, 1); 

Do you have a checkpoint list of all the requirement or some hint to be sure all is ok? 

Thx for your help
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, 

I meet the same problem. Did you figure it out? 

hdai