FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6354 Discussions

Remote system upgrade in MAX10

sRama28
Beginner

Hi

i am using MAX 10 10M25DCF484C8G device and on chip flash (CFM) to store FPGA image.

i need to do remote upgrade this CFM through NIOS2.

i have refereed some document where Dual image IPcore used.

pof file size:773 kilobyte

rpd file size:773 kilobyte

FPGA CFM image size is 736 Kilobyte. i want to write two FPGA images(Dual configuration) in CFM(0&1).

Q1.is it possible to remote upgrade FPGA image in CFM through NIOS using ethernet?

Q2.one image RPD file size is 773 kilobyte and MAX10 FPGA (10M25DCF484C8G ) CFM size is 736kilobyte.

is it possible to compress two images and can load into CFM(0&1) for dual configuration?

Awaiting for quick reply

thanks

sathish

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi Sathish,

Q1.is it possible to remote upgrade FPGA image in CFM through NIOS using ethernet?

Yes it is possible. We have example where it is using NIOS with UART (https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/15.0.0/Standard/an741-remote-system-upgrade-for-max-10-fpga-devices-over-uart-with-the-nios-ii-processor/).

Q2.one image RPD file size is 773 kilobyte and MAX10 FPGA (10M25DCF484C8G ) CFM size is 736kilobyte.

is it possible to compress two images and can load into CFM(0&1) for dual configuration?

Nope. You will need to store image 1 in CFM0 and image 2 into CFM1 and 2. Please refer to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/ug_m10_ufm.pdf table 1

0 Kudos
sRama28
Beginner

Ans1: Thanks for UART example .please share the Remote upgrade system through Ethernet protocol.

Ans2: Understood your point .

one rpd file size is 773 kilo byte .

i referred the table .From the table the total CFM 0 total size is 736 kilo byte.

can i load two pof file in two location (CFM 0 and CFM1) ?

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Ans1: We do not have example for Remote Upgrade Systme through Ethernet protocol.

Ans2: You will need to enable compression and it will fit into CFM0. CFM1 has lower size and it will need to include CFM2 to stored the full bistream.

0 Kudos