FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Remote update IP core problem。three sof:factory、app1、app2 。 Is Altera able to jump directly from app1 to app2?

tdong6
Beginner

I am currently working on a project that uses the remote update IP core of cyclone v. The three sof files are factory, app1 and app2. The function of this project is to automatically jump from factory to app1, and then jump from app1 to app2 directly through trigger conditions,. But the problem is that the jump from app1 to app2 is not successful. Is Altera IP able to jump directly from app1 to app2?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Tang,

By right it can be. Directly from APP Image 1 to APP Image 2 eventhough the initial image is factory image. Is there any error message or what?

Thank You

View solution in original post

3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Tang,

By right it can be. Directly from APP Image 1 to APP Image 2 eventhough the initial image is factory image. Is there any error message or what?

Thank You

tdong6
Beginner

There is no error message. I want to jump from app1 to app2, but it goes directly to factory image. My operation is as follows: during the jump, set anf = 1, bootaddr = 0x01000000, but after the jump, read the address bootaddr = 0x0. I can go from factory to app1 or factory to app2, but I can't go from app1 to app2.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

It seems like there is some problem when changing from app1 to app2. Thus, it falls back to factory image. Have you pointed to the correct start address at which APP2 is located in?

0 Kudos