FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Simulation of EMIF example design not moving forward

VMR001
Beginner

I have generated an example design and tried to simulate the design (the scripts were generated by quartus pro tool) using Modelsim-Intel FPGA edition, It has been running for 1+ hour, I am not seeing init_done or calibration pass/fail status. I am attaching the snapshot of the transcript (copied and pasted whatever was available on transcript window). Please help me fix the issue

Quartus pro 19.4

Target Device 1SD280PT2F55E2VGS1

Shared snapshot of selected DDR4 IP gen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

If you're simulating with calibration simulation enabled (Diagnostics tab I think), it could take way more than an hour to simulate the entire calibration process. Normally for simulation, you do not need to simulate calibration. Choose to skip calibration for simulation.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir,

Just to provide additional info here regarding the estimated simulation times for Stratix 10. As you can see below is the estimated time taken to complete the calibration using the Synopsys VCS (the fastest simulation tool). For, Modelsim, it might be much longer compared to Synopsys VCS. However, this table is just the estimated time and it may varies depending on the IP configuration, the simulator used, and the computer or server used. I suggest you to also try using other simulation tools (For eg : synopsys VCS simulation run time is much faster as compared to other tools) to see if this help to improve the simulation speed.😊

Calibration time.PNG

Thanks

Regards,

Aida

0 Kudos