FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP

Soft error

TDIRB
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to ask if you can provide me and information regardarding FIT soft errors of your product.

FPGA CycloneIII - EP3C16M164I7N

0 Kudos
12 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel Community.

You can find the FIT rate for Altera devices in the Reliability Report. Kindly be noted that the FIT rate for devices within the same family with the same process technology will be very similar and can be used for devices not explicitly listed in the Reliability Report.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/rr/rr.pdf

Hope this help! Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Aim

0 Kudos
TDIRB
Beginner

​Hello thank you for information but this is at normal condition only. Do you have also soft errors regarding altitude ? I am interest for 2000m above sea level. Thank you.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please check your private message.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
TDIRB
Beginner

​Hello, thank you for the document it has interesting information yet it is not related to altitude.

I am looking for information of soft errors dependance on the altitude. The higher the device is the stronger is the cosmic ray meaning the more errors occure.

Do you have those values for your FPGA?

thank you.

Tomas.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I will need to check the information from our internal team. Appreciate much for your patience.

Regards,

Aim

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Per my conversation with our internal team, the SER FIT document required a CNDA between customer and Intel, can you share your CNDA with intel through private message?

Thank you.

Regards,

Aim

0 Kudos
TDIRB
Beginner

​Hello, unfortunately I don't have it. I will try to get it from my supperiors.

My colleague just send me and email with Altera from 2015 where they confirmed usage of this FPGA up to 4000m,

Could you confirm this ?

I will try to get the document.

Best regards.

Tomas.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I have check the document for CNDA and forwarded the information to our internal team. I will update you once i receive the information.

Regards,

Aim

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I have send the document in private message.

I will now close this case.

Regards,

Aim

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I just realized the document does not have information on Cyclone III. I will get back to you again.

Regards,

Aim

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please find the attached document in your private message. I will proceed to close this case.

Thank you.

Regards,

Aim

0 Kudos
BillShiphr
Beginner

Oh, since the long work with different programs I understood that it is much better to ask the help of some professionals of you have some errors and do not waste the time. I had some errors when I was starting to work with Salesforce CRM that was new for me. Fortunately, thanks to the salesforce adoption tips from a one really professional company I solved it, and I am still working with this soft with great pleasure

0 Kudos