FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

Some trouble with HDMI RX ip core (Bitec IP core)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi,guys  

I have some trouble when I used HDMI 2.0 IP CORE on my own Arroa 10 board.  

Nvidia GTX1060 is used HDMI 2.0 test signal source, connect to FPGA serdes pin through my own connect board. I can see pll is locked, and GXB is ready, and HDMI core is locked, but the trouble is vid_lock is always low.And HDMI RX core have aux_data, audio_data output but have no vedio_data(vid_data,vid_de,vid_h,vid_v) output. 

But when I loopback TX&&RX, RX CORE can output all vedio_data successful,which tx is sent color bar generated by myself using HDMI_TX IP CORE . 

Any idea what this could be? Thanks for any help!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Updata : I am confused whether have no HDCP KEY will cause this problem.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

doese the HDMI IP free?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

hi,guys  

I have some trouble when I used HDMI 2.0 IP CORE on my own Arroa 10 board.  

Nvidia GTX1060 is used HDMI 2.0 test signal source, connect to FPGA serdes pin through my own connect board. I can see pll is locked, and GXB is ready, and HDMI core is locked, but the trouble is vid_lock is always low.And HDMI RX core have aux_data, audio_data output but have no vedio_data(vid_data,vid_de,vid_h,vid_v) output. 

But when I loopback TX&&RX, RX CORE can output all vedio_data successful,which tx is sent color bar generated by myself using HDMI_TX IP CORE . 

Any idea what this could be? Thanks for any help! 

--- Quote End ---  

Hey Tiber, have you managed to solve this? I am at the same situation.. Exactly as you described, PLL locked GXB locked, core locked and sees parallel data coming from GXB. But vid_lock is low and nothing comes out from the vid_ interface..
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The reference design has some errors provided by Altera .

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

The reference design has some errors provided by Altera . 

--- Quote End ---  

In terms of which bit? If you could point me to a direction it would be very much appreciated!
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

In terms of which bit? If you could point me to a direction it would be very much appreciated! 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi there, I am trying to use the ATX Plls on the HDMI reference design. I have re-compiled the software to use the ATX configuration, however the TX PLLs are not getting locked.Any suggestions/information on this front?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi there, I am trying to use the ATX Plls on the HDMI reference design. I have re-compiled the software to use the ATX configuration, however the TX PLLs are not getting locked.Any suggestions/information on this front? 

--- Quote End ---  

In case this may be useful to someone. I can post more details on request: 

[list] 

[*]It is not advisable to use ATX Plls for lower HDMI rates, this due to jitter performance restrictions of the ATX. 

[*]The NIOS sw that comes with the reference design has got two cases, for fPLL and ATX-PLLs, however the case for the ATX has a bug: The re-calibration process does not distinguish fPLL/ATX cases, however the re-calibration process for each is slightly different.Hope it helps 

[/list]