FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5915 Discussions

Stratix 10 SERDES Reference clock Error(20445)

RPett4
Beginner

I am trying to utilize a LVDS SERDES IP block on the Stratix 10 SoC Development Kit. Per the development kit schematic, I have "HDMIREFCLK_P" driving my "inclock" port of the SERDES IP Block. When I try to build, I am getting the following error:

Error(20445): The reference clock on PLL "serdes_inst|lvds_0|core|arch_inst|pll_inst|internal_pll|stratix10_altera_iopll_i|s10_iopll.fourteennm_pll", which feeds an LVDS SERDES IP instance, is not driven by a clock pin from an IO bank. Use a dedicated reference clock pin to guarantee meeting the LVDS SERDES IP max data rate specification. 

I can see from the pin planner that the HDMIREFCLK_P pin has been successfully mapped to PIN_AP9, which appears as a differential clock pair. All the serdes outputs are driving signals from the same bank (I/O Bank 4C), which are the HDMI_Lanes and HDMI_Lane_Clk.

Finally, the I/O Standard for the HDMIREFCLK_P is set to LVDS, and all other pins in the bank are either set to LVDS or "High Speed Differential I/O."

Can someone provide help?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SreekumarR_G_Intel

Can you look at the bank connected to the clk input (which is PLL instantiated) and L:VDS bank which you plan to use both are same ?

Other easy way is , if you remove the pin assignment from the assignment editor and build the same. Then you can see inclk of the PLL where it is default mapping by the quartus. I believe you will get idea from the bank where it is mapping.

Thank you,

Regards,

Sree