FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP

TCL script

ymiler
Employee

Hi 

I would like to ask where can I find TCL command that interpret by the GUI click 

Meaning - each action / click in the GUI interpret to TCL command - How can I find the relevant TCL command ?

Yishay 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Compilation actions appear in the Messages window as their command-line or Tcl equivalent.

Assignments you create have their Tcl in the .qsf file.  That's mostly what you're looking for.

But you can in the built-in help as mentioned if you can't find what the equivalent is to a GUI action.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kenny_Tan
0 Kudos
ymiler
Employee

Hi 

I don't need the capability to write TCL by myself ( by the quartus_sh command) 

Each click at the Quartos GUI interpret to TCL command - I want to use the GUI

(define several things  for example : define top level , etc.)  and then copy the  appropriate  TCL to my scripts 

My question is where can I find in GUI   those  TCL commands

Yishay

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Compilation actions appear in the Messages window as their command-line or Tcl equivalent.

Assignments you create have their Tcl in the .qsf file.  That's mostly what you're looking for.

But you can in the built-in help as mentioned if you can't find what the equivalent is to a GUI action.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

any further help needed?

0 Kudos