FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

TCL script

ymiler
Employee

Hi 

I would like to ask where can I find TCL command that interpret by the GUI click 

Meaning - each action / click in the GUI interpret to TCL command - How can I find the relevant TCL command ?

Yishay 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Compilation actions appear in the Messages window as their command-line or Tcl equivalent.

Assignments you create have their Tcl in the .qsf file.  That's mostly what you're looking for.

But you can in the built-in help as mentioned if you can't find what the equivalent is to a GUI action.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KennyT_Intel
ymiler
Employee

Hi 

I don't need the capability to write TCL by myself ( by the quartus_sh command) 

Each click at the Quartos GUI interpret to TCL command - I want to use the GUI

(define several things  for example : define top level , etc.)  and then copy the  appropriate  TCL to my scripts 

My question is where can I find in GUI   those  TCL commands

Yishay

sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Compilation actions appear in the Messages window as their command-line or Tcl equivalent.

Assignments you create have their Tcl in the .qsf file.  That's mostly what you're looking for.

But you can in the built-in help as mentioned if you can't find what the equivalent is to a GUI action.

View solution in original post

KennyT_Intel

any further help needed?