FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5954 Discussions

TG > VCO > SDI IP block issue

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a simple test design that consist of only three IP blocks. Using Quartus 9.1, and here is the problem I can't figure out what causing it. 

test1: 

TG (720x486, 10bit sequence, interlace) >> VCO (preset to ntsc) >> SD SDI = No picture on the sdi monitor !! 

test2: 

TG (1920x1080, 10bit pararell, interlace ) >> VCO (preset to sdi 1080i60) >> HD SDI = Good picture !! 

Could somebody in the forum tell me what I did wrong on the TEST1 above? or may be there is bug on the TG for SD SDI? 

In fact, on the Test1 above, I have tried to set the TG resolution to 720x480 as well but no luck.  

Thanks in advance, 

Jimmy
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Test1 does not work because the CVO is expecting F0=244 lines and F1=243 lines in this case. The Test Pattern Generator cannot produce this sequence. You can work around this issue as follows: 

TG (720x487, 10bit sequence, PROGRESSIVE) >> Interlacer >> VCO (preset to ntsc)
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

can you tell me what is VCO?