FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5950 Discussions

TSE and auto generated .sdc

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm not really understanding how to correctly use the auto generated .sdc file to constrain the TSE. I have two clocks coming in at 25 MHz, as I am only using the 100 Mb configuration 

create_clock -name {enet_rx_clk} -period "25MHz" create_clock -name {enet_tx_clk} -period "25MHz" I also have a system clk at 80 MHz, called sys_clk. I'm not sure as to how these three clocks figure in to the following section from the user manual. 

Edit <variation_name>_constraints.tcl and <variation_name>_constraints.sdc 

according to your customized design. For example, if you change the clock names 

at the top-level design, edit the customer modifiable constraints in the 

<variation_name>_constraints.sdc file to change the clock names shown below:# Name the clocks that will be coming into the tse core named 

changed from top level 

set TX_CLK "tx_clk" 

set RX_CLK "rx_clk" 

set CLK "clk" 

set FF_TX_CLK "ff_tx_clk" 

set FF_RX_CLK "ff_rx_clk" 

set TBI_TX_CLK "tbi_tx_clk" 

set TBI_RX_CLK "tbi_rx_clk" 

set REF_CLK "ref_clk" 

Should I be using this auto generated file at all, or should I just make my own constraints?
0 Kudos
0 Replies