FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Unable to establish a connection because no memory interface targets exist on the linked device

DSold3
Beginner

Hi,

I'm getting this error when trying to debug my Stratix IV GX board in Quartus 18.1.

This error is the same as this old post, but the solution proposed isn't working in 18.1.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd05312012_329.html

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Deshi_Intel
Hi, Can you check whether you had provided clock to pll_refclk pin and release the global_reset pin ? Thanks. Is this issue occurs on Intel FPGA dev kit board or your own board ? Regards, Deshi
0 Kudos
DSold3
Beginner

what do you mean by releasing the global_reset pin? Right now it is connected to the debug reset from the cpu and the clk reset pin.

I'm using Terasic DE4 530 University Program board.

Regards, Alberto.

0 Kudos
DSold3
Beginner

After upgrading to 18.1.1 the error went away, but a new one showed up.

EMIF debug toolkit throws "Device has different visible SLD agents" when linking

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel
Hi, global_reset_n pin is the control signal for EMIF IP reset function. What I am saying is have you release EMIF IP from reset stage by setting global_reset_n pin to high ? The other thing that I suspect is how many EMIF IP interfaces that you have in your design ? It's recommend to have EMIF toolkit to interact with one EMIF IP interface only. So, you can try to reduce your design complexity till having one EMIF toolkit to interact with one EMIF IP and nothing else in your Quartus design. Another thing is EMIF toolkit is relying on JTAG connection to interact with EMIF IP. "Device has different visible SLD agents" error seems to indicate there are multiple JTAG connection in either your board or in Quartus design that confuse the EMIF toolkit. Thanks. Regards, dlim
0 Kudos