FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Using DSP builder with DE2 board, possible?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

This is something i quoted from DSP Builder Installation and Licensing FAQ 

Q. When I try to request a DSP development kit license from the Altera Software Licensing web page, it asks for my NIC ID and Altera ID. Where do I get this information? 

A. When you order a DSP development kit that includes DSP Builder, make sure that the network identification card (NIC) ID provided with the order is for the computer on which the development kit software and DSP Builder is to be installed. If you do not provide the correct NIC ID, you cannot automatically download your development kit software license from Altera's website. 

I am entirely new to this DSP Builder and i wonder if it is possible to use on DE2 board instead of 'DSP development kit' ? Or is DSP Builder is specially meant for DSP development kit?  

Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The DSP development kit includes a DSP Builder license (I think, a restricted one), DE2 doesn't.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So, without the license, i will not be able to use DSP builder? Or i can still use it with limited functions? Can i use it with DE2? thank you very much for the reply

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm not using DSPbuilder and not aware of the existing license options. Technically, you should be able to use with DE-2.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Then is there any other option to use FFT or Window function if DSP builder is not able to be implemented on DE2 board, as i know there is MegaCore in Quartus II, but there only has FFT, no Windowing function. 

May i know does Quartus II has Windowing Function? Or i will need to write my own code to perform that? 

many Thanks.
0 Kudos