FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Using Intel IPs into our custom IP design

ASuba
Novice

Hello

I am using Quartus Lite version for intel FPGA. I am in the process creating custom IP . Within the lower hierarchy I would like to use FIFO IP provided by Intel. How to instantiate this IP into my custom IP? What are the steps to follow.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi ASuba,

You may create the IP using IP Catalog, instantiate the IP in your .v/.vhd file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ASuba
Novice

​hi

what all files are to be taken from the quartus Project created to create IP so that It has all necessary files to work.

For instances the core Folders could be hidden. So how to Export them ?

Best Regards,

Athira

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi Athira,

Do you refer to the custom IP or the IP available in the Intel Quartus Prime software?

For the IP available in the Intel Quartus Prime software, you may add .qip / .ip / .qsys file if you want to use the IP.

For custom IP, you may refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd07202012_406.html

Thanks

0 Kudos
ASuba
Novice

​Hi KYeoh

I use quartus lite Version and couldnt find the Option above

is there any other way  ?

BR;

Athira

0 Kudos
ASuba
Novice

Hi ​KYeoh

I am creating a custom module .. This module will be further added as an ip in the larger SOC design(Created in QSYS, platform designer). Now I want to add in the custom module an IP(FIFO; ie DCFIFO WITH MIXED CLOCK) generated in from QUARTUS IP catalog(DCFIFO is not available in QSYS IP catalog). So for this what are the files needed while I manually add this IP to my custom module . I would like to add all the submodules of FIFO along with it and therefore where can I find them ?.

Hope you are clear with my question

best Regards,

Athira

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi Athira,

The HDL files for the IP generated by the software is listed in the qip file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos